Lindenwood University encourages its students to organize and participate in group activities in order to broaden their scope of general learning, knowledge in specialized areas, and to furnish increased options for service and social activity.
While students may informally create groups, having your organization officially recognized by Lindenwood Student Government comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Use of the Lindenwood name in association with your organization
- Use of Lindenwood facilities for meetings and events
- Access to Involve U, a student organization management system that provides you the communication tools necessary to better promote and manage your organization and its activities
- Entry on a co-curricular transcript noting your involvement in this organization
- Opportunity to apply for funding for activities and events
- Opportunity to host fundraising events on campus
- Student Involvement assistance in organizational development, event planning, leadership development, etc.
- Assistance with promotion of your organization, including events and activities
- Electronic and printed listing in directory of recognized student organizations
- Stability of a written constitution
- Faculty/staff advisor for support
All recognized student organizations have access to the Student Organization Resource Center located in Evans Commons, Room 3040. The Student Organization Resource Center houses Student Involvement, Lindenwood Student Government, CAB, and Fraternity & Sorority Life offices, a lounge, a computer lab, and staff to assist you with your organization's needs.
The Student Organization Resource Center is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters.
Office of Student Involvement
- Residence Halls
Fraternity & Sorority Life
Student Counseling and Resource Center